Definición de intermezzo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural intermezzi /-ˈmetsē/ or intermezzos)
1A short connecting instrumental movement in an opera or other musical work.
- After about 1750 the intermezzo evolved further into opera buffa.
- The middle movements, intermezzos both, are characterised by mellow string and woodwind playing.
- It's funny, having known the chorus and the intermezzo well for years, I realised I only properly listened to the whole opera in order to write this blog entry.
1.1An intermezzo performed independently.
- Opera fans will be entertained by some of the world's favourite arias and intermezzos performed by acclaimed artists.
- Indeed, the two concert suites by Purcell and Mufas, that the orchestra played as intermezzos, sounded as if written for keyboards instead of strings.
Words that rhyme with intermezzomezzo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan