Definición de interregnum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural interregnums or interregna /-nə/)
1A period when normal government is suspended, especially between successive reigns or regimes.
- Ancient Mesopotamia is a symbolic resource for a future Iraq as it was once before during a short interregnum before the Ba'athist regime came to power in 1963.
- It is for this reason that the imagery of the 1990s as an interregnum is somewhat misleading.
- They couldn't get him out of committee during the Democratic interregnum.
1.1An interval or pause: the interregnum between the discovery of radioactivity and its detailed understanding
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The optimum time for the church to discuss the possible resignation of the pope would be during an interregnum - after a pope's death and before the cardinals elect his successor.
- During our church's interregnum last year, his strength and gifting as a preacher became apparent to the leadership.
- After a long interregnum, worshippers at the historic Tottlebank Baptist Church at Bouth, near Greenodd, celebrated the induction of a new pastor on Saturday.
late 16th century (denoting temporary rule between reigns or during suspension of normal government): from Latin, from inter- 'between' + regnum 'reign'.
Words that rhyme with interregnumCheltenham • arcanum
Definición de interregnum en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan