Pronunciación: /inˈtrēg /(intrigues, intriguing, intrigued)
- 1 [with object] Arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate: I was intrigued by your questionMás ejemplos en oraciones
interest, be of interest to, fascinate, arouse someone's curiosity, arouse someone's interest, pique someone's curiosity, pique someone's interest, attractinteresting, fascinating, absorbing, compelling, gripping, riveting, captivating, engaging, enthralling, enchanting, attractive, appealing
- This of course was mildly interesting but what intrigued me was what if you used the values of Pi to create not letters but musical notes.
- The Scottish lad whose family moved to Manchester was fascinated with Nazism and intrigued by sadism.
- Most of all, I write about things that are important to me, that interest me, intrigue me, that cause a reaction in me.
- 2 [no object] Make secret plans to do something illicit or detrimental to someone: the delegates were intriguing for their own gainsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The king and the president intrigued with the local representatives of white governments.
Pronunciación: /ˈinˌtrēg /Volver al principio
- 1The secret planning of something illicit or detrimental to someone: the cabinet was a nest of intrigue the intrigues of local government officialsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a tale of intrigue, dark secrets, and double crosses.
- A tale of murder, bribery, betrayal and intrigue follows as the plot gathers pace and Solomon races to towards the finish line.
- I hated this room, the atmosphere of backstabbing intrigue and devious plots and politics that hung overhead like a forthcoming tempest.
- 1.1A secret love affair.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you're one of the beautiful elite, summer is a fizzy whirl of suitors and intrigues and liaisons.
- But while this is a satisfying central plot, the story is just as much about the accident-prone romances and intrigues of the rest of this likeable family.
- With a rich history, including periods as a Greek and Roman colony, as well as the internal intrigues of ruling kings and their concubines, Istanbul nowadays is a colorful, eclectic melting pot of cultures.
- 2A mysterious or fascinating quality: within the region’s borders is a wealth of interest and intrigueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ideally, that hobby is something you have chosen for its soothing qualities, its intrigue or its social opportunities.
- A number of large Avens and Boulder Chambers add further intrigue to a fascinating area, which could almost qualify as a complete cave system in its own right.
- In fact, few vegetables offer as much intrigue as the mysterious mushroom.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There one sees what Shakespeare saw: the absolute power of the tyrant, the courtiers, the flatterers, the jesters, the cunningly ambitious intriguers.
- As to her being a political intriguer, she was if anything rather apolitical.
- Double agents, intriguers, and power-seekers flourished, which was one of the reasons why much information about the Decembrists' conspiracy never reached responsible officials until it was too late.