(also intuitionalism /-ˈiSHənlˌizəm/)
Definición de intuitionism en inglés:
1The theory that primary truths and principles (especially those of ethics and metaphysics) are known directly by intuition.
- This theory of intuitionism influenced later philosophers, in particular Rousseau and Bergson, but also the existentialists.
- Although Dummett's work on deduction has its roots in the debate over intuitionism, it does not necessarily follow that, in every case, the alternative logic advocated by a Dummett-style anti-realist would be intuitionistic logic.
- They both fail for open set logic, which is to say intuitionism, just as they both fail for its topological dual, closed set logic.
1.1The theory that mathematical knowledge is based on intuition and mental construction, rejecting certain modes of reasoning and the notion of independent mathematical objects.
- A corresponding slogan for intuitionism would be that in mathematics, to exist is to be constructed.
- Freudenthal studied the relation between axiomatic mathematics and reality, and this study led him to contribute to intuitionism, as well as to the application of mathematics to linguistics.
- The authors, breaking with the intuitionism that had dominated eighteenth-century French treatises, updated the logic of geometry manuals.
intuitionist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- But in none of his essays that deal with this issue does Gardner address any of the arguments that are put forth by other kinds of mathematicians like intuitionists or formalists.
- He is an epistemological realist, an ethical intuitionist, and a political libertarian, too extreme for my tastes but always provocative.
- The intuitionists seldom differ from the rest of us in the number of facts referred to in describing how we come to understand logical statements and their relations.
Definición de intuitionism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan