- 1 Medicine The inversion of one portion of the intestine within another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In contrast, benign conditions caused the majority of small intestinal intussusceptions.
- She also had an unusual history of experiencing numerous intussusceptions near her ileocecal valve, but diagnostic x-rays were unable to demonstrate this.
- In many instances, the barium enema not only shows the intussusception, but the pressure from putting it in the bowel may also unfold the bowel that has been turned inside out, instantly curing the obstruction.
early 18th century (in the sense 'absorption'): from modern Latin intussusceptio(n-), from Latin intus 'within' + susceptio(n-) (from suscipere 'take up').
Más definiciones de intussusceptionDefinición de intussusception en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional