- Exercising power in an oppressive or controlling way: an iron-fisted leader intolerant of opposing political views decades of iron-fisted rule See also an iron hand in a velvet glove.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Military coup after military coup toppled government after government before the current iron-fisted regime figured out how to hold it together.
- As he tries to maintain an iron-fisted grip on his country, he's faced with a youthful, Western-looking movement that is gaining international attention and support.
- Nations under the iron-handed control of dictators have been getting ever closer to being able to produce their own nukes.
Más definiciones de iron-fistedDefinición de iron-fisted en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional