Definición de irritable en inglés:
1Having or showing a tendency to be easily annoyed or made angry: she was tired and irritable
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She seemed irritable, and annoyed with my every move.
- The wait would grate so terribly on my nerves that I could easily be irritable for days afterwards, but that particular drive was different.
- Will asked, starting to get annoyed, the pain in his head making him more irritable.
bad-tempered, short-tempered, irascible, tetchy, testy, touchy, grumpy, grouchy, moody, crotchety, in a (bad) mood, cantankerous, bilious, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, annoyed, cross, ill-humored, peevish, fractious, pettish, crabby, bitchy, waspish, prickly, splenetic, dyspeptic, choleric
1.1 Medicine (Of a bodily part or organ) abnormally sensitive.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I still have irritable bowels though and sometimes the pain keeps me up at night.
- Because their skin is inherently irritable, patients with atopic diseases may not tolerate topical retinoids, even if they apply a moisturiser.
- The drugs that treat asthma either relax the bronchial spasm, or reduce the inflammation that makes the bronchial tubes swollen and irritable to minor irritants.
1.2 Medicine (Of a condition) caused by abnormal sensitivity.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- General primary care nurses were trained to deliver cognitive behaviour therapy to patients with irritable bowel syndrome
- But acupuncture works well for certain kinds of conditions and irritable bladder syndrome is one of them.
- It has been shown to sooth irritable coughs and other respiratory problems.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the next month male deer will be irritably scratching and shaking their heads until their majestic antlers fall off.
- He looked down irritably at the mess, then defiantly at me, and walked on, passing a litter bin without so much as a glance.
- There are no insufferable people socializing irritably around their outdoor dining tables.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India