(also islands of Langerhans)
- Groups of pancreatic cells secreting insulin and glucagon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neuroglobin mRNA was also present in adrenal cells and the cells of the pancreatic islets of Langerhans.
- One of the actions of insulin, which is also secreted by the islets of Langerhans, is to activate a specific enzyme in the liver.
- The pancreas is dotted with hormone-producing tissue called the islets of Langerhans, which contain alpha and beta cells.
late 19th century: named after Paul Langerhans (1847–88), the German anatomist who first described them.
Más definiciones de islets of LangerhansDefinición de islets of Langerhans en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional