Definición de isolation en inglés:
1The process or fact of isolating or being isolated: the isolation of older people
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A general boycott will help this necessary process of international isolation.
- This suggested a growing mistrust of political institutions and a sense of isolation from the decision-making process.
- No longer will our students and communities need to feel disadvantaged because of isolation or shortage of resources.
1.1An instance of isolating something, especially a compound or microorganism.
- National Institute of Virology, Pune has carried out serological investigations and virus isolations in different parts of the country.
- Each step in the curing procedures was monitored by electrophoresis of plasmid isolations.
- The pre - and post-chlorination bacterial isolations are presented in Table 2.
1.2 [as modifier] Denoting a hospital or ward for patients with contagious or infectious diseases.
- His wife sent him to the local isolation hospital but no patients would share the same ward with him.
- Late closure of isolation wards led to infection of visitors and spread of the disease to the community.
- The isolation ward patients all wear mask themselves, we wear M95 masks when we work in those areas.
- Without relation to other people or things; separately: environmental problems must not be seen in isolation from social onesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In our understanding a person can be a person only in relationships, not in isolation.
- Religious and other organisations do not exist in isolation from the military.
- It must be a mixture of chemicals, like alcohol and cocaine, which is far more addictive than either in isolation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan