Definición de isolationism en inglés:
A policy of remaining apart from the affairs or interests of other groups, especially the political affairs of other countries.
- In the 1930s, American politics were characterized by isolationism in foreign policy and a preoccupation with internal affairs.
- Quite frankly at this point a policy of isolationism would be fine with me.
- The reason for this doctrine was perhaps explained by the curious American policy of isolationism.
isolationist sustantivo & adjetivo
- Example sentences
- The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.
- In contrast to pacifists, isolationists can favor unilateral military action.
- Once, before World War II, the mainstream Republican Party was isolationist.
Definición de isolationism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan