Definición de jackpot en inglés:
A large cash prize in a game or lottery, especially one that accumulates until it is won.
- Colorful and inviting, this fantastic site offers a selection of fifty of the most popular casino games including ten progressive jackpots with a current value in excess of $530,000.
- There are wonderful cash prizes and two jackpots on offer.
- There are generous jackpots, wonderful cash prizes and a wonderful atmosphere for all lovers of the numbers game to enjoy.
hit the jackpot informal
- After the usual checks and balances were performed, Tony received his payment in one lump sum wired to his account within a week of hitting the jackpot.
- Fourth and last, slot players can hit the jackpot while in the hole, or with modest enough earnings that they have no incentives to stop.
- Guadalupe Lopez was playing the Wheel of Fortune machines at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa when she hit the jackpot, a casino spokesman said.
- Although Pumping Iron was a massive, surprise success, Schwarzenegger didn't hit the jackpot until the release of the first Terminator film in 1984.
- After decades of trying one plantation crop after another without much success in the late nineteenth century, Malaya hit the jackpot with rubber trees in the early twentieth century.
- Accenture is gambling that one of those companies will hit the jackpot and create the next SAP, giving Accenture first crack at helping its clients install the revolutionary software.
1Win a jackpot.
2Have great or unexpected success, especially in making a lot of money quickly: the theater hit the jackpot with its first musical
Más ejemplos en oraciones