Definición de jingle en inglés:
1 [in singular] A light ringing sound such as that made by metal objects being shaken together.
- All this happened at a time when other High Street retailers have been listening to the satisfying jingles of ringing cash registers.
- Leaning back slightly, he felt the porcelain gun on the inside of his coat, rubbing against his side, and the light jingle of a jar of pills.
- She pushed past him and the bell gave a light jingle once more.
2A short slogan, verse, or tune designed to be easily remembered, especially as used in advertising.
- An appropriate gift for the people of Taiwan, a ‘gift that goes on giving’ as the advertising jingle says, would be a true bill of rights.
- They drive SUVs and talk in advertising jingles.
- You can read about the escapade, with annoying advertising jingle here.
3 (also jingle shell) A bivalve mollusk with a fragile, slightly translucent shell, the lower valve of which has a hole through which pass byssus threads for anchorage.
- Family Anomidae: Anomia and other genera
- Where space permits, oysters and jingle shells sometimes anchor themselves to the horseshoe crab.
verboVolver al principio
1Make or cause to make a light metallic ringing sound: [no object]: her bracelets were jingling [with object]: he jingled the coins in his pocket
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They walked down to the car that way, Aaron's keys jingling in his pocket.
- Eva stood, flinging her arms up in the air, her bracelets jingling like tiny silver bells.
- The group of sleigh bells hung above the door jingled merrily as Wendy and Samantha entered the general store.
late Middle English: imitative.
- Example sentences
- What made them wake up one day and say to their fellow advertising executives, ‘Fire the jinglers and get some of those guys in accounting to take their places?’
- Example sentences
- I mean, with all this jingly jangly jewel stuff in our pockets, we'd make a lot of noise, even swimming in the moat.
- The jingly sound it makes brings back some painful memories for the crazy killer.
- This book is beautifully presented and tied with a red ribbon complete with jingly bell.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan