sustantivo (plural jockeys)
- Three of them became Irish champion jockey at various times between 1840 and 1882.
- Champion jockeys were soon riding on the Continent and in Ireland as well.
- Camejo is currently the meet's leading apprentice jockey with 30 races won through Tuesday.
- ‘Song of Rufus’ is the story of schizophrenic boxcar jockey Rufus, a man who follows a trail of music only he can hear.
- But the Scobleizer is no ordinary Windows-obsessed blog jockey.
- Jeff Markham is a simple gas jockey with a mysterious, violent past.
verbo (jockeys, jockeyed)[no object] Volver al principio
- We hear endlessly this talk of a power struggle, different factions jockeying for position.
- Hands in pockets, they stand around jostling, jockeying for place, small fights breaking out and calming.
- Over 170,000 have voted since the poll began on Sunday 20 October and competition is intense with the ten contenders jockeying for position.
- He's diminutive enough to jockey a horse, but he's tough enough to wear down a defense.
- It is a competition where the elite use personal connections to jockey their cronies into key positions and thus win power and influence.
- It went down like this: In mid-January Darren was jockeying the phones at Atlantic Records on a weeklong temp assignment.
late 16th century: diminutive of Jock 'ordinary man; a rustic', Scots form of the given name Jack. The word came to mean 'mounted courier', hence the current sense (late 17th cent). Another early use 'horse dealer' (long a byword for dishonesty) probably gave rise to the verb sense 'manipulate', whereas the main verb sense probably relates to the behavior of jockeys maneuvering for an advantageous position during a race.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And if the proposed Scottish academy offers a professorship of all-weather jockeyship, only one Scot should be considered for the post.
- Even for a good cause, celebrity jockeyship doesn't bear thinking about.
- With three such talents plus McCoy and Tony Dobbin on this side of the water, Irish jockeyship is in good health.