- 1Link; connect: the tap was joined to a pipe join the paragraphs togetherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The extension would be joined to the main offices by a link corridor.
- The drawer fronts are normally joined to the drawer sides with lapped dovetails.
- The sewer's original standard of design is described as ‘poor’, and it has never been joined to the public sewer system.
- 1.2Connect (points) with a line: join up the points in a different colorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In particular he assumed that the solids were convex, that is a straight line joining any two points always lies entirely within the solid.
- There are three lines joining points of the configuration that do not count among the four configuration lines.
- For example it is assumed that there is a unique line joining any two points.
- 1.3 [no object] Unite to form one entity or group: they joined up with local environmentalists countries join together to abolish restrictions on tradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When the religious-right and the humanists join together for a common cause, no external entity can put down their efforts.
- Community is built and strengthened as participants join together to work as the body of Christ.
- Instead of hitting each other and bouncing off like bumper cars, the atoms join together and function as one entity.
- 1.4Become a member or employee of: she joined the department last yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But despite such challenges, women are once again joining the ranks of the police in Afghanistan.
- Most members join clubs for fitness, but they stay for fun.
- Think " retention " the moment the member joins the club.
- 1.5Take part in: I joined the demonstration [no object]: I joined in and sang alongMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Producers, writers and other members of the Heartbeat team also joined in the fun.
- Close to 2,000 more people quickly joined the fray.
- China, despite their presently weak technology, will soon join the fray.
- 1.6 [no object] (join up) Become a member of the armed forces: her brothers joined up in 1914Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They would like to see new members joining up - all the officer posts are up for re-election.
- Well done to those who took the initiative and joined up - more members welcome.
- He had been one of the Blackbury Pals, who had joined up together.
- 1.7Come into the company of: after the show we were joined by Jessica’s sisterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- CNN's Patty Davis now joins us live from Washington with more on this.
- CNN's Kathleen Koch now joins us live from the courthouse with more reaction from there - Kathleen.
- We'll have reaction from some of those family members joining us here live, tonight.
- 1.8Support (someone) in an activity: I am sure you will join me in wishing him every successMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Earlier this year I joined him to announce support for Scotland's first two football academies.
- I can scarcely leave my house without her joining me in whatever activity I am doing.
- We hope you will join us in supporting religious freedom in France.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A place or line where two or more things are connected or fastened together.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The wheel rim and push rim are joined together by five joins around the wheel causing a vast potential for hands to get caught or jammed in the gaps.
- Moisten the edges of the pastry with water and then wrap it around the meat, pressing the joins well to seal.
- In one case, a previous owner sealed the join between the bathtub and the wall with putty instead of silicone.
- • formal Begin fighting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This area - national security - might not have been the best place for joining battle last week, but battle is joined.
- We're here to mark that day in history when the allied armies joined battle to reclaim this continent to liberty.
- He gave chase for five days and then engaged the enemy, despite four of his ships lagging behind and their captains failing to join battle.
join the club
- see club1.
- Combine efforts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A group of military doctors and engineers have joined forces in an experimental effort to find out.
- The premier reiterated Asian countries need to step up efforts to join forces to ensure the balance of the global economy.
- Now, outraged people all over the UK will be joining forces to force it off the air again.
- Hold each other’s hands.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before eating, everyone forms up in two circles, facing each other, joins hands and chants ‘Aum’, the Indian mantra.
- Partners face each other, join hands, and form a long ‘tunnel.’
- I witness the pledging of this man and woman, that they have joined hands and sworn to each other.
- Work together: education has been shy to join hands with businessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We need to create a culture of tolerance and forgiveness and join hands together as one nation.
- Until about 1720, Dutch ethnics married within the group, worshiped together, and joined hands for economic and political objectives.
- How have Vinton and Turpin joined hands to knead together art and commerce, creativity and discipline?
Middle English: from Old French joindre, from Latin jungere 'to join'.