Definición de juncture en inglés:
- ‘We really are at a critical juncture at the moment,’ says Stewart.
- But at critical junctures in the post-war period, for various strategic and or economic reasons, national leaders opted for greater integration.
- These events are examples of kernels - a critical juncture in the story.
- After about a kilometer of corridor, they came to a large juncture where the passage intersected ramps leading both up and down.
- However, do not draw at the point where two veins join as there is a valve at these junctures.
- The adjoining infrastructure is over 15 km long and includes a new road linking the existing roads with the bridge and road junctures.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'act of joining'): from Latin junctura 'joint', from jungere 'to join'.
join from Middle English:
Join comes via Old French joindre, from Latin jungere ‘to join’ also found in joint (Middle English), used in butchery contexts from the late 16th century; juncture (Late Middle English) originally meaning ‘joining’; and junction (early 18th century) which also started out in the sense ‘joining’. Its use in transport is found from the late 18th century.
Palabras que riman con junctureconjuncture, puncture
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.