- And nor should it exclude the jurisdiction of any other state that gives its courts universal jurisdiction over international crimes.
- Turkey officials waved jurisdiction of the case because it did not involve any Turkish nationals, Edmonson said.
- As mayor of Los Angeles, Riordan had no official role or any jurisdiction over city schools.
- Nor can it effectively do justice in the individual case within the limits of its jurisdiction and to that extent vindicate the rule of law.
- The act must be one committed within the jurisdiction by the alleged tortfeasor, not the victim.
- The procuring must occur within the jurisdiction although the sexual intercourse may occur outside the jurisdiction.
- The provision limiting comment accords with the present law in those jurisdictions where judicial comment may be made.
- The judicial system resembles that of other common law jurisdictions.
- As a result the common law courts still remain more distant from the merits than the administrative law courts of continental jurisdictions.
- In other words, can they engage in legal economic activity in a jurisdiction where prostitution is legal?
- While referring to the laws of other jurisdictions, US courts have given them short shrift.
- There is no legislation of South Australia which says that courts of other jurisdictions may not sit in South Australia.
Middle English: from Old French jurediction, from Latin jurisdictio(n-), from jus, jur- 'law' + dictio 'saying' (from dicere 'say').
Palabras que riman con jurisdictionaddiction, affliction, benediction, constriction, conviction, crucifixion, depiction, dereliction, diction, eviction, fiction, friction, infliction, interdiction, malediction, restriction, transfixion, valediction
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ju·ris·dic·tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.