- An organic acid extracted from a red alga, used to kill intestinal worms.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: C10H15NO4
- Our previous studies showed that kainic acid i.p. can induce the increase of lipid peroxide levels in the rat brain and evoke the generation of oxygen free radicals in the peripheral blood.
- Our work supports this latter conclusion as kainic acid is a potent excitor of CPG activity, and d - phase interneuron outputs are blocked by the glutaminergic antagonist CNQX.
- A total synthesis of kainic acid starting from the commercially available 2-azetidinone is described.
mid 20th century: kainic from Japanese kainin (from kainin-sō, name of the alga Digenea simplex from which it is extracted) + -ic.
Más definiciones de kainic acidDefinición de kainic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional