A large, typically green, long-horned grasshopper native to North America. The male makes a characteristic sound that resembles the name.
- Microcentrum and other genera, family Tettigoniidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Members of the grasshopper family, including crickets, locusts, and katydids, hear with small disks near one of the front leg joints.
- From every quarter throbbed peepers and katydids and locusts.
- That winter, the night we built our first big fire, we also hatched out about a million katydids, or as some folk call them, camel crickets.
Definición de katydid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional