Definición de kelp en inglés:
1A large brown seaweed that typically has a long, tough stalk with a broad frond divided into strips. Some kinds grow to a very large size and form underwater “forests” that support a large population of animals.
- Family Laminariaceae, class Phaeophyceae, including the genera Laminaria (used in some areas as manure) and Macrocystis (harvested in the US as a source of algin)
- Two wholesome brown kelps that are popular among Japanese diners are kombu and arame.
- In aquatic habitats, bryozoans may be found on all types of hard substrates: sand grains, rocks, shells, wood, and blades of kelps and other algae may be heavily encrusted with bryozoans.
- Many large kelps use gas-filled floatation bladders to keep their large blades near the surface, and therefore in the light.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
Definición de kelp en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan