A metabolic state characterized by raised levels of ketone bodies in the body tissues, which is typically pathological in conditions such as diabetes, or may be the consequence of a diet that is very low in carbohydrates: three patients developed mild ketosis, which was promptly and successfully treated with subcutaneous insulin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The urine ketone dip test was highly sensitive for diabetic ketoacidosis and diabetic ketosis with or without acidosis.
- Three key features of diabetic acidosis are hyperglycemia, ketosis, and acidosis.
- The real danger in ketosis is that ketones are acidic, and high levels of ketones make the blood abnormally acid.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other ketotic states such as alcoholic and starvation ketosis can also produce a positive urine ketone test without corresponding serum ketones, affecting the specificity of the urine dip test for detecting ketonemia.
- I was constipated, energy-less, had ketotic breath and was just generally miserable.
- If I see a cow looking a little ketotic, I give her a bottle of dextrose and a little grain, and that usually takes care of it.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ke·to·sis
Definición de ketosis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda