- 1(Of a response) automatic and unthinking: a knee-jerk reactionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr Butler said a carbon tax was ‘a knee-jerk response to a global and complex problem’ and that a more sophisticated and appropriately costed solution would be necessary.
- Jones accused the American authorities of a knee-jerk response to its corporate scandals and said it was symptomatic of a protectionist economy.
- So just be careful before you leap forward with a knee-jerk response demanding gun control.
- 1.1(Of a person) responding in an automatic and unthinking way: knee-jerk radicalsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You're all looking like a bunch of knee-jerk reactionaries.
- People who think he isn't very smart are either knee-jerk liberals or not paying very close attention.
- They still managed to produce a perfectly reasonable constitutional document that deserves far more respect than it has received from the knee-jerk critics here at home.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A sudden involuntary reflex kick caused by a blow on the tendon just below the knee.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from involuntary knee-jerks, it's the mind that rules.
- Too often this country resorts to the knee-jerk in order to effect social change, maybe we just need to be a bit more inventive in the way we approach the problem.