Definición de knitting en inglés:
1The craft or action of knitting.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Traditional crafts such as knitting and lace-making have a wonderful history in Scotland.
- Erris is renowned for many things including its outstanding tradition in exquisite hand crafts like lace making, crochet, needlework and knitting.
- Crafts on show range from embroidery and knitting to doll making and china painting, with plenty of other weird and wonderful hobbies on offer.
1.1Material that is in the process of being knitted: I put down my knitting
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everyone immediately forgot my stunning knitting achievements and began oohing and ahhing over her knitting.
- She insisted on bringing her knitting everywhere.
- Her father put his paper down and her mother laid her knitting in her lap.
- stick (or tend) to the (or one's) knitting
- informal (Of a person or an organization) concentrate on a familiar area of activity rather than diversify; mind one’s own business.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The trend has taken on added momentum because so many companies are sticking to their knitting.
- Whatever the root causes, the business culture has gone from revolution to counterrevolution, from ‘let's make our move’ to ‘let's stick to our knitting.’
- We've simply stuck to our knitting, giving viewers the kind of top-quality, original programming they've come to expect from us.
Definición de knitting en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda