- 1The craft or action of knitting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Traditional crafts such as knitting and lace-making have a wonderful history in Scotland.
- Erris is renowned for many things including its outstanding tradition in exquisite hand crafts like lace making, crochet, needlework and knitting.
- Crafts on show range from embroidery and knitting to doll making and china painting, with plenty of other weird and wonderful hobbies on offer.
- 1.1Material that is in the process of being knitted: I put down my knittingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Everyone immediately forgot my stunning knitting achievements and began oohing and ahhing over her knitting.
- She insisted on bringing her knitting everywhere.
- Her father put his paper down and her mother laid her knitting in her lap.
stick (or tend) to the (or one's) knitting
- • informal (Of a person or an organization) concentrate on a familiar area of activity rather than diversify; mind one’s own business.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The trend has taken on added momentum because so many companies are sticking to their knitting.
- Whatever the root causes, the business culture has gone from revolution to counterrevolution, from ‘let's make our move’ to ‘let's stick to our knitting.’
- We've simply stuck to our knitting, giving viewers the kind of top-quality, original programming they've come to expect from us.
Más definiciones de knittingDefinición de knitting en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional