- A fatal disease of the brain occurring in some peoples in New Guinea and thought to be caused by a viruslike agent such as a prion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among humans, the disease kuru, found in the south Pacific, was also shown to be transmissible.
- It should be noted, however, that kuru and Mad Cow are both caused by prions, rather than by bacteria or viruses.
- The incidence of kuru has decreased with the reduction of cannibalism, according to researchers who studied natives in New Guinea highlands.
1950s: a local word.
Más definiciones de kuruDefinición de kuru en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional