Definición de kyphosis en inglés:
Excessive outward curvature of the spine, causing hunching of the back. Compare with lordosis.
- Patients with postural kyphosis can generally correct the kyphosis by making a conscious effort to do so.
- The symptoms of kyphosis may resemble other spinal conditions or deformities, or may be a result of an injury or infection.
- Kyphosis is a progressive disorder that can affect children or adults in the thoracic or cervical spine.
mid 19th century: from Greek kuphōsis, from kuphos 'bent, hunchbacked'.
- Example sentences
- Vertebroplasty makes no attempt to restore height and correct the kyphotic deformity which results from an osteoporotic compression fracture.
- However, having said that, I remember reading about whether their doctor would correct the kyphotic curve in addition to the scoliosis.
- If asked to lift up both hands, this person will sink into a posterior pelvic tilt and kyphotic seated position, in an attempt to maintain sitting balance.
Definición de kyphosis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan