Definición de labiodental en inglés:
(Of a sound) made with the lips and teeth, for example f and v.
- There is a small error in the New York Times article on the addition of a symbol for the labiodental flap to the International Phonetic Alphabet that Geoff mentioned: the bilabial trill does not still await its day.
- ‘None of this is true about labiodental flaps,’ Dr. Ladefoged said in an e-mail message.
- The labiodental flap is described this way: ‘a buzz sometimes capped by a faint pop.’
sustantivoPhonetics Volver al principio
A labiodental sound.
- You may have had some problem with the words you have listed, (mostly labiodentals) while you developed speech, which led to a psychological block making you pause awhile before saying them.
- I am particularly interested in the acquisition of Dutch labiodentals, which can be a difficult contrast for German and English learners of Dutch.
- English has only fricative labiodentals, and no stops.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan