Definición de labiovelar en inglés:
(Of a sound) made with the lips and soft palate, for example w.
- In the Ionic of Homer's time, as well as in all other classical dialects, the labiovelar stops had developed into labials, dentals or velars.
- It would then make sense to reconstruct a corresponding set of velar and labiovelar fricatives.
sustantivoPhonetics Volver al principio
A labiovelar sound.
- A third series is well attested, the labiovelars, which combine the velar with a labial element (represented by the superscripted w).
- Consonant contrast includes labiovelars and bilabials, as in minimal pairs like nap and na, and ol and mol, but these contrasts can be neutralized in other neighboring languages, so more study should be done on how perceptible and instrumentally verifiable the differences are.
- B then goes on to summarize the unique linguistic characteristics of African languages, from clicks to labiovelars to ATR vowel harmony, noun class systems, serial verb constructions, etc.
Definición de labiovelar en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan