Definición de lachrymatory en inglés:
adjetivotechnical or literary
Relating to, tending to cause, or containing tears: a lachrymatory secretion
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Preferably, the explosive slug is placed between the compartment containing the lacrimatory substance and the compartment containing the pyrogenic substance.
- The lachrymatory factor from an onion activates the nerve endings of pain fibres in the top layer of the cornea, leading to increased production and release of tears.
- The effect of the lacrimatory factor can be sharply diminished by freezing the onion or submerging the onion in water (diluting the chemical, which is soluble in water) before cutting.
sustantivo (plural lachrymatories)Volver al principio
A vial of a kind found in ancient Roman tombs and thought to be a lachrymal vase.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Glass, including lachrymatories, is mentioned as occurring sometimes, but apparently only in small quantities.
- Ancient Greeks buried their dead with lacrimatories, vials full of mourners' tears.
- Ancient Greeks, Romans and Hebrews would cry into small vials, or lachrymatories, that would then be sealed and buried with the dead.
Mid 17th century (as a noun denoting a vial): from Latin lacrima, on the pattern of chrismatory.
Definición de lachrymatory en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda