Definición de lambdoid en inglés:
1.1 Anatomy Of or denoting the suture near the back of the skull that connects the parietal bones with the occipital.
- Anesthesia was required for upper eyelid to scalp line from midline to lambdoid suture.
- The ipsilateral ear in lambdoid synostosis is displaced posteriorly toward the fused suture compared with the anterior displacement that occurs in infants with deformational plagiocephaly.
- Metopic craniosynostosis accounts for 7% of cases, and lambdoid craniosynostosis accounts for 1% of cases.
- Example sentences
- The condition can result from either premature closure of the lambdoidal suture (synostotic plagiocephaly) or positional head deformity (nonsynostotic plagiocephaly).
- There is little development of the lambdoidal crest but in some specimens it is slightly better developed than in others.
- The coronal, lambdoidal, sagittal, and squamosal sutures close clinically between six to 12 months of age but do not ossify completely until after 30 years of age.
Definición de lambdoid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan