Definición de lammergeier en inglés:
A large Old World vulture of mountainous country, with a wingspan of 10 feet (3 m) and dark beardlike feathers, noted for its habit of dropping bones from a height to break them. Also called bearded vulture.
- Gypaetus barbatus, family Accipitridae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The reserve is home to not only goats, red deer, and boars but also brown bears, chamois, lynx, roe deer, and wolves, as well as numerous eagles and large vultures called lammergeiers.
- Nest sites on high ledges, identified by white guano streaks on the cliff face, are home to lammergeiers that survive by picking on carcasses left by wolves or the harsh winters.
- News of the vulture poisonings has coincided with the release of an alarming report on a suspected decline in numbers of South Africa's rare bearded vulture, also known as lammergeyer.
Early 19th century: from German Lämmergeier, from Lämmer (plural of Lamm 'lamb') + Geier 'vulture'.
Palabras que riman con lammergeiersurefire • multiplier
Definición de lammergeier en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda