1A lamp with a transparent case protecting the flame or electric bulb, and typically having a handle by which it can be carried or hung: a paper lantern
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over a three-day period, candles, oil lamps, paper lanterns, and electric bulbs are lit to show how angels lit Buddha's return from heaven.
- Maxine flicked on the electric lantern she was carrying, filling the corridor with a crisp, bluish light that was strange after the faint orange illumination of the torches.
- Our hosts provided us each with a candle-lit paper lantern to carry.
1.2 short for magic lantern.
2A square, curved, or polygonal structure on the top of a dome or a room, with the sides glazed or open, so as to admit light.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The hexagonal belfry contains six louvers with pointed arches and is crowned by an octagonal lantern and a copper dome.
- Daylight is admitted by a lantern and bounced off a textile covered funnel-shaped reflector built off the column.
- On top of each pyramid is a lantern that both brings light to the central stair of the pavilion and acts as a climate control mechanism.
Palabras que riman con lanternCanton, Scranton
Definición de lantern en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda