- A large plover, typically having a black and white head and underparts and a loud call.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Vanellus, family Charadriidae: several species, in particular the northern lapwing (V. vanellus) of Eurasia (also called green plover or pewit), which has a dark green back and a crest
- So why cannot hen harriers, sparrowhawks and goshawks be controlled to protect lapwings, curlews, golden plovers and, yes, pheasants and grouse?
- The development of this wildlife site is ongoing with new hides to aid the study and photography of shelduck, dunlin, lapwing, golden plover and shoveller duck that have recently bred on Mangan's Lough.
- The moorland blaze has come at a bad time for ground-nesting birds such as golden plovers, curlews, lapwings and merlins, a rare bird of prey.
Más definiciones de lapwingDefinición de lapwing en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional