- By the twentieth century the investigations of cognitive psychology had established creativity as a latent quality in every person, applicable to any field of human endeavour.
- If you'll excuse me, I have to go tell my wife and children about my latent homosexual qualities and accompanying gender confusion.
- This would release humankind from the drudgery of wage-slavery and release the latent talents of 3 billion people.
- Cell proliferation and cell fate are controlled from dividing cell division centres (called meristems) or latent pluripotent stem cells within the cambium or pericycle.
- In grapevine, the current season's growth consists of shoots growing from latent buds produced during the previous cycle and made up of five to nine phytomers.
- In spring, when the plant is removed from winter storage, one to three branches will grow from the latent buds beneath the cuts.
- Elimination of tuberculosis in industrialized nations hinges on diagnosis and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection to prevent disease.
- Before initiating treatment of latent tuberculosis infection, physicians must ensure that active disease is not present.
- Very little is known regarding the usefulness of pyrazinamide and levofloxacin in the treatment of multidrug-resistant latent tuberculosis infection.
- First, they stimulated the T-cells strongly enough to prompt the cell to express latent virus but not to trigger other cellular functions.
- Herpes zoster ophthalmicus occurs when reactivation of the latent virus in the trigeminal ganglia involves the ophthalmic division of the nerve.
- Herpes zoster results from reactivation of latent varicella zoster virus infection.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Each Loss Leader is divinely packaged, having been designed at no little expense by our latently talented art department.
- The authors conclude that continuous exposure to varicella virus through community contacts protects latently infected adults from developing clinical shingles.
- A person may remain latently infected and harbor the bacteria, in a non-growing or slow-growing form, for decades with no symptoms.
Late Middle English: from Latin latent- 'being hidden', from the verb latere.
The word latent comes from Latin latere ‘be hidden’.
Palabras que riman con latentblatant
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: la·tent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.