Definición de leaf insect en inglés:
A large, slow-moving tropical insect related to the stick insects, with a flattened body that is leaflike in shape and color.
- Family Phylliidae, order Phasmida: Phyllium and other genera
- Leaf insects, so-called because they resemble broad leaves, are grouped in the same order as stick insects, Phasmida, however only about 30 species of the total 3000 are leaf insects.
- The eggs of the leaf insect are normally just scattered on the ground and will hatch in the spring.
- In Australia, stick insects are found in most places, but leaf insects are only found in north Queensland.
Definición de leaf insect en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia