- A small plant bug that is typically brightly colored and leaps when disturbed. It can be a serious crop pest in warm regions.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Cicadellidae, suborder Homoptera: numerous genera
- The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.
- Their larvae will eat large numbers and many varieties of aphids, and also devour mealybugs, whiteflies, thrips, leafhoppers, red spidermites, and a variety of other soft-bodied noxious insects.
- The newly seeded alfalfa has plant bugs and potato leafhoppers and established alfalfa has army worms, alfalfa loopers, thistle caterpillars, and variegated cut worms.
Más definiciones de leafhopperDefinición de leafhopper en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional