sustantivo (plural legionaries)
A soldier in a Roman legion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- How was he to beat a legionary if he had trouble figuring out how to hold a sword?
- Between 5000 and 6000 legionaries made up a legion that was commanded by a legatus.
- Military training was emphasized and legionaries were put through rigorous and continuous training.
Of an ancient Roman legion: the legionary fortress of Isca
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All these towers were of much higher quality than would be expected for a simple legionary fortress, said Mr Walker.
- He founded a temple there, containing a fine bronze statue of himself, and established a legionary fortress.
- The brewery's bar sits above the Roman road which led out of the legionary fortress across the river between Toft Green and Micklegate.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: le·gion·ar·y
Definición de legionary en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda