sustantivo (plural legionaries)
- A soldier in a Roman legion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How was he to beat a legionary if he had trouble figuring out how to hold a sword?
- Between 5000 and 6000 legionaries made up a legion that was commanded by a legatus.
- Military training was emphasized and legionaries were put through rigorous and continuous training.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- Of an ancient Roman legion: the legionary fortress of IscaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All these towers were of much higher quality than would be expected for a simple legionary fortress, said Mr Walker.
- He founded a temple there, containing a fine bronze statue of himself, and established a legionary fortress.
- The brewery's bar sits above the Roman road which led out of the legionary fortress across the river between Toft Green and Micklegate.
late Middle English: from Latin legionarius, from legio(n-) (see legion).
Más definiciones de legionaryDefinición de legionary en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional