Definición de legionary en inglés:
sustantivo (plural legionaries)
A soldier in a Roman legion.
- How was he to beat a legionary if he had trouble figuring out how to hold a sword?
- Between 5000 and 6000 legionaries made up a legion that was commanded by a legatus.
- Military training was emphasized and legionaries were put through rigorous and continuous training.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
Of an ancient Roman legion: the legionary fortress of Isca
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All these towers were of much higher quality than would be expected for a simple legionary fortress, said Mr Walker.
- He founded a temple there, containing a fine bronze statue of himself, and established a legionary fortress.
- The brewery's bar sits above the Roman road which led out of the legionary fortress across the river between Toft Green and Micklegate.
Definición de legionary en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan