- Support for a ruler whose claim to a throne is based on direct descent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The milieu of moderate liberalism certainly shaped Tocqueville's views on the inevitability of the democratic revolution, and hence his decisive break with legitimism and his family.
- In the face of the Jane Grey débâcle, the Norfolk gentry were persuaded of her Tudor legitimism; they learned the extent of her Catholicism only after she was safely enthroned at Westminster.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His mother, always prone to periods of melancholy and depression, mourned the Old Regime and believed that the legitimists could reconquer France and restore both the royal line and true religion.
- In the Academy of Rennes, legitimists attended certain Catholic schools.
late 19th century: from French légitimisme, from légitime, from Latin legitimus (see legitimate).
Más definiciones de legitimismDefinición de legitimism en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional