Definición de lengthen en inglés:
1Make or become longer: [with object]: she lengthened her stride to catch up [no object]: in the spring when the days are lengthening (as adjective lengthening) the lengthening shadows
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Half an hour had already passed, and the shadows lengthened as the sun sunk into the horizon.
- The shadows were just barely lengthening and Kristram looked at me in disbelief.
- Then, as the candles burnt and the shadows lengthened, we started to think about it properly.
1.1 [with object] Prosody & Phonetics Make (a vowel or syllable) long.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It places more or less equal stress on all syllables, usually with the final syllable of a tone unit somewhat lengthened.
- As far as Sanskrit is concerned, the most important of these is that a macron above a vowel serves to lengthen it, roughly doubling the length of the sound.
- The objection here is to lengthening short vowels; this is not a feature of Koranic recitation today except in very restricted contexts.
Palabras que riman con lengthenstrengthen
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda