Definición de leukemia en inglés:
A malignant progressive disease in which the bone marrow and other blood-forming organs produce increased numbers of immature or abnormal leukocytes. These suppress the production of normal blood cells, leading to anemia and other symptoms.
- The symptoms of leukaemia vary greatly, depending on the exact type of disease and how advanced it is.
- There are two basic reasons for carrying out bone marrow transplantation for leukaemia and lymphoma.
- In people with leukemia, the bone marrow produces a large number of abnormal white blood cells.
- Example sentences
- Their immature and uniform appearance raised the possibility of malignant lymphoma in the leukemic phase.
- The cutaneous T-cell lymphomas are non-Hodgkin lymphomas of epidermotropic lymphocytes, of which the most common forms are mycosis fungoides and its leukemic variant, Sezary syndrome.
- When performing microarrays to evaluate leukemias, normal and leukemic cells found in blood or bone marrow are first separated by density gradient centrifugation.
Definición de leukemia en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan