- 1.1 (Leveller) An extreme radical dissenter in the English Civil War (1642–49), calling for the abolition of the monarchy, social and agrarian reforms, and religious freedom.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Benn goes on to say that the founders of the socialist tradition in England were the radical Christian dissenters of the English Revolution (the Levelers and Diggers) who resisted the privatization of communally owned village land.
- They elected ‘agitators’ to express their views and radical groups like the Levellers gained huge support within the army.
- It is true that some former Levellers retreated into religious passivity, internalising their revolutionary ideology and seeking a godly republic within.
Más definiciones de levelerDefinición de leveler en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional