Definición de lexis en inglés:
1The total stock of words in a language: a notable loss of English lexis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Mr. Schaik, the influence of the Dutch was there in the Indian and Sri Lankan languages which had absorbed a few Dutch words in their lexis.
- Because the word ‘globalization’ wasn't part of the general lexis back then, the snoring bankers weren't troubled by dark daydreams filled with hungry competitors from a flattening world preparing to eat their splendid lunch.
1.1The level of language consisting of vocabulary, as opposed to grammar or syntax.
- Each major area is enclosed by a large number of isoglosses representing differences in lexis, grammar, and phonology.
- This grammar is the first pedagogic grammar to integrate syntax and lexis using corpus data.
Definición de lexis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan