- 1The total stock of words in a language: a notable loss of English lexisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Mr. Schaik, the influence of the Dutch was there in the Indian and Sri Lankan languages which had absorbed a few Dutch words in their lexis.
- Because the word ‘globalization’ wasn't part of the general lexis back then, the snoring bankers weren't troubled by dark daydreams filled with hungry competitors from a flattening world preparing to eat their splendid lunch.
- 1.1The level of language consisting of vocabulary, as opposed to grammar or syntax.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each major area is enclosed by a large number of isoglosses representing differences in lexis, grammar, and phonology.
- This grammar is the first pedagogic grammar to integrate syntax and lexis using corpus data.
1950s (denoting the wording, as opposed to other elements, in a piece of writing): from Greek, literally 'word' (see lexicon).
Más definiciones de lexisDefinición de lexis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional