sustantivo (plural librae /-ˌbrī, -ˌbrē/)
- When this was borrowed by the English, they used the name penny but retained the symbol d.: twelve denarii made one solidus, and 20 solidi one pound or libra, giving the term £. s.d., which survived until decimalization in 1971.
- L, symbol for the monetary unit pound, stands for libra, Latin for pound (weight).
Latin, 'pound, balance'.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
- For context, she is a Libra, born in October, and I am a Virgo, born in September.
- I am a Leo, so I think I only tend to get attracted to girls who are Aries, Gemini, Libra or Sagittarius.
- In our conversation, she told how she had begun dating a man, a Libra, and immediately discounted him, since he would not make a quick commitment to her.
level from (Middle English):
The ultimate root of level is Latin libra ‘scales, balance’, also the source of the sign of the zodiac Libra (Late Middle English). It has many senses in English, the earliest being ‘an instrument used to determine if a surface is horizontal’, as in spirit level (mid 18th century). Since the 1980s the image of a level playing field has been a cliché of business and politics. In games, an uneven playing surface will favour the home side, who will be more familiar with its hazards. See also deliberate
Libran sustantivo& adjetivo
- (sense 2).Example sentences
- Irritation, fury, rage, loathing and bad dress sense - all those toxic things Librans can't usually bring themselves to acknowledge - actually carry hidden gems of wisdom.
- This week's spring Sun and love goddess Venus in the charming, congenial sign of conciliatory Librans stimulates the stylish arranging, aerobic mind-changing, power flirting and artful partying side of life.
- Beauty's more crucial than food for Librans - the zodiac's walking, talking artworks who do everything aesthetically.
Words that rhyme with Libravers libre
Definición de libra en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.