1A sweet, chewy, aromatic black substance made by evaporation from the juice of a root and used as a candy and in medicine.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A whoosh of freshly ground mocha coffee hits the nose and then, once the wine hits your mouth, it's joined by black fruits, liquorice, spice and a spray of refreshing acidity.
- A mix of liquorice, black fruits and farmyards tempt the nose.
- Although this combines powerful cherry notes, threaded with liquorice, backed by chewy tannins and topped with sparkling acidity, it is not yet ready to drink.
1.1A candy flavored with licorice: [as modifier]: licorice gumdrops
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nearly eight years after Victory in Europe, the limit on jelly babies, pastilles, liquorice, barley sugar sticks, lemonade powder and chocolate bars was finally lifted - and a nation of schoolchildren cheered.
- If the ritual centers around the oral fixation, and not the tobacco or the smoke itself, you could substitute a lollipop, licorice or hard sour candy for the cigarette.
- Erin also made it a point to treat her sweet tooth every day with a small piece of chocolate, hard candy or licorice.
2The widely distributed plant of the pea family from which licorice is obtained.
- Genus Glycyrrhiza, family Leguminosae; many species are used locally to obtain licorice, the chief commercial source being the cultivated G. glabra
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Herbal treatments may include garlic, eucalyptus, licorice, lobelia, marshmallow, red clover and saw palmetto.
- Containing dandelion, burdock, sarsparilla, milk thistle, liquorice, yellow dock, turmeric and red clover, a bottle provides about 30 servings as you dilute it with either still or sparkling water.
- New herbs introduced to the already comprehensive range for this year include lemon basil, pineapple sage, aniseed basil, liquorice and comfrey.
Definición de licorice en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda