Definición de lieutenant governor en inglés:
1The executive officer of a state who is next in rank to a governor and who takes the governor’s place in case of disability or death.
- The anti-lottery effort, led by evangelical churches and a conservative Republican lieutenant governor, spent less than half that amount and won anyway in a landslide.
- A Democrat won a tight victory for lieutenant governor while a Republican won a landslide triumph in the attorney general's race.
- He was elected to the state senate in 1868 and then was named president pro tempore; he later became lieutenant governor upon the death of the incumbent in 1871.
lieutenant governorship sustantivo
- Example sentences
- He had turned his sights to the lieutenant governorship, while the state Senate President took a surprising pass at higher office.
Definición de lieutenant governor en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan