1The executive officer of a state who is next in rank to a governor and who takes the governor’s place in case of disability or death.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The anti-lottery effort, led by evangelical churches and a conservative Republican lieutenant governor, spent less than half that amount and won anyway in a landslide.
- A Democrat won a tight victory for lieutenant governor while a Republican won a landslide triumph in the attorney general's race.
- He was elected to the state senate in 1868 and then was named president pro tempore; he later became lieutenant governor upon the death of the incumbent in 1871.
lieutenant governorship sustantivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had turned his sights to the lieutenant governorship, while the state Senate President took a surprising pass at higher office.
Definición de lieutenant governor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional