- 1Restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: a limited number of places are available special offers available for a limited period the legislation has had a limited effectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, this suggests that the finite population effect is limited to small population sizes.
- The downside of this small size was the limited amount of tape inside the cartridge.
- There is a limited amount of special effects as this is mostly a conversation/music driven film.
- 1.1(Of a monarchy or government) exercised under limitations of power prescribed by a constitution.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The federal government is legally limited in its powers to intervene in the refugee determination process.
- Under this Constitution, the powers of the national government were sharply limited.
- Bringing farmers back onto the dole shrinks the constituency for limited government and tax cuts.
- 1.2(Of a person) not great in ability or talents: I think he is a very limited manMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, as comparative anatomists, we are limited solely by our ability to individualize identity.
- We are limited only by our own abilities; I chose this music, and it chose me.
- This was an ideal scenario for Young because now he was not limited and could explore his musical abilities.
- 1.3(Of a train or other vehicle of public transportation) making few intermediate stops; express.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The BMTC has identified 10 routes to start with and these buses will have limited stops and thus less travel time.
- Replacement buses will run between: Skipton and Carlisle calling at limited stops.
- Union chiefs have confirmed there will be no attempt to stop passengers boarding the limited services Arriva will be providing tomorrow and on Friday.
- 1.4 (Limited) British Denoting a company whose owners are legally responsible for its debts only to the extent of the amount of capital they invested (used after a company name): Times Newspapers LimitedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The title to the Property will remain in the name of Sealark Pty Limited.
- On 31 July 1995 Kings changed its name to Haward Agriculture Limited.
- Metro is part of Metcash Trading Limited and Friendly Grocer is the franchise arm of the group.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Religious tradition as process similarly enlivens old symbols with present experience, revealing the simple limitedness of human consciousness in the very act of expanding it.
- In the preface, Forrest-Thomson indicates the limitedness of such obliqueness.
- To this belongs also the limitedness of each according to his or her gender identity, as well as their consequent being in reference to another.