Definición de limpet en inglés:
A marine mollusk with a shallow conical shell and a broad muscular foot, noted for the way it clings tightly to rocks.
- Patellidae, Fissurellidae (the keyhole limpets), and other families, class Gastropoda: numerous species, including the common limpet (Patella vulgata)
- Entering the water from the shore, the first animal we spot may well be a mollusc such as a limpet or dog-whelk.
- Barnacles are crustaceans like crabs and shrimps but, because of their appearance, until the 19th century they were thought to be molluscs like limpets and whelks.
- Brains of limpets and abalones are much simpler than brains of garden snails and slugs in histological differentiation.
Old English lempedu, from medieval Latin lampreda 'limpet, lamprey'.
Words that rhyme with limpetincipit • limepit
Definición de limpet en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan