Definición de linguist en inglés:
1A person skilled in foreign languages.
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
- He was a formidable linguist, speaking 25 languages and many more dialects.
- A skilled linguist, Marianne used her new-found freedom to become an interpreter for the British Army.
2A person who studies linguistics.
- Descriptive linguists try to lay out a statement of what the conditions are for particular languages.
- He is, after all, a distinguished professor at MIT and the most renowned linguist of the 20th century.
- Languages are becoming extinct, and many have never been studied by linguists.
Words that rhyme with linguistreservist
Definición de linguist en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan