plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The scientific study of language and its structure, including the study of morphology, syntax, phonetics, and semantics. Specific branches of linguistics include sociolinguistics, dialectology, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, historical-comparative linguistics, and applied linguistics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is concerned with the applications of linguistics and psycholinguistics in first-language education.
- Not all scholars are agreed on the boundaries and relationship between linguistics and sociolinguistics.
- Comparisons between linguistics and fields like history or chemistry give similar results.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The well known linguistician has described one aspect of what I am talking about as Linguistic Imperialism.
- New technology is allowing linguisticians to analyse language as never before.
- If objects of higher orders are admitted, the need for metamathematics disappears and the mathematician need no longer be portrayed as a part-time linguistician.
Definición de linguistics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda