Definición de linolenic acid en inglés:
A polyunsaturated fatty acid (with one more double bond than linoleic acid) present as a glyceride in linseed and other oils and essential in the human diet.
- Chemical formula: C17H29COOH; several isomers, notably gamma-linolenic acid, present in evening primrose oil
- Sources of the essential fatty acid linolenic acid are soybean oil, canola oil, walnuts and flaxseed.
- Linoleic and linolenic acid are essential fatty acids that are needed to make critical compounds in the body.
- Since plants are capable of synthesizing linoleic and linolenic acid humans can acquire these fats by consuming a variety of plants or else by eating the meat of animals that have consumed these plant fats.
- Example sentences
- Since these enzymes cannot introduce sites of unsaturation beyond C9 they cannot synthesize either linoleate or linolenate.
- However, the fatty-acid composition of migratory Western Sandpipers differs somewhat from that of migratory passerines in that sandpipers have much lower levels of the essential fatty acids linoleate and linolenate.
- The five major fatty acids in soybean oil are palmitate, stearate, oleate, linolenate, and linoleate.
Pronunciación: /-ˈlēˌnāt, -ˈlenˌāt/sustantivo
Definición de linolenic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan