Definición de lipoid en inglés:
adjetivo(also lipoidal) Biochemistry
Relating to or resembling fat.
- It was only after 1929 that scientists could assess the identity of sex hormones with chemical methods, thanks to developments in organic chemistry in the area of steroid and lipoid compounds.
- But a potential problem from inhaling fat-based substances, such as petroleum jelly or mineral oil, for prolonged periods is lipoid pneumonia.
- Carotenoids are taken up from blood circulation by rhamphothecal keratinocytes in the bill, accumulated in lipoid droplets, and distributed diffusely through the horny, keratinized beak tissue.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A fatlike substance; a lipid.
- But a potential problem from inhaling fat-based substances (lipoids), such as petroleum jelly or mineral oil, for prolonged periods is lipoid pneumonia.
- All that blood stirring makes one aware of protoplasmic solutions, the essential matter between the formed and the unformed, masses of cells consisting largely of water, proteins, lipoids, carbohydrates, and inorganic salts.
- Representative of a useful adhesive formulation to which the present lipoids are added is the following.
Definición de lipoid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan