Definición de liquidate en inglés:
1Wind up the affairs of (a company or firm) by ascertaining liabilities and apportioning assets.
- Its retail business was ultimately liquidated in 2000.
- One woman was forced to liquidate her business for lack of funds.
- And she is still fighting the same ‘renegade’ IRS agent, who, she says, seems hell-bent on liquidating the business.
close down, wind up, put into liquidation, dissolve, disband
1.1 [no object] (Of a company) undergo liquidation.
- Overwhelmingly, those businesses liquidate because of dynamic, control and business reasons.
- If the point is reached where the financial returns are no longer attractive, your business will liquidate as your investors and lenders put their money elsewhere.
- Since its members will likely get next to nothing if it liquidates, the committee is now seen as an ally to the airline's bid for survival.
1.2Convert (assets) into cash: a plan to liquidate $10,000,000 worth of property over seven years
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The activity of the collateral is the speed at which it can be liquidated and converted into cash.
- Even if it means selling off their valuable assets and liquidating their monitory investments to do so, it must urgently be done.
- If you sell, you liquidate an asset that might otherwise be a worry.
1.3Pay off (a debt).
- If the Scottish parliament was jealous of its honour, the least it could have done was direct that the first year's pension money should be paid to Westminster to liquidate this debt.
- One wonders how the inoperative council is supposed to generate the much needed finances to liquidate the debts.
- He proposed that the first step towards liquidating the short-term debt should be through a limited issue of paper money by a National Bank.
2Eliminate, typically by violent means; kill.
- And it was at this very moment I resolved to kill her - liquidate her once and for all so that she could never become a challenge to me.
- If a Global Messiah emerges to popularise the practice of voluntary simplicity and the rejection of Hollywood, will he be liquidated by a robo-assassin?
- In principle, I'm sorry we didn't liquidate him.
- Example sentences
- As an investment banker earlier in my career I had a front row seat at several forced liquidations after the death of a wealthy business owner and they are sad affairs, much like divorce.
- In addition to residential, commercial, and industrial demolition, the company also handles asbestos abatement, plant dismantling and liquidations, excavation, hauling, and salvage.
- If liquidators can find efficient, cost-effective ways to dispose of companies' assets, there could be a lot of opportunity, especially for online liquidations.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan